This period is presenting unprecedented pressure on business leaders whether it is coping with their business being told to cease trading short-term, significant falls in sales or significant growth. We believe there are some key actions for business leaders to consider.
1. Create a clear transition journey for your company
This is a key period to communicate with your team as everyone is being impacted by the effect of the pandemic. We would recommend the following actions:
- Share your vision with all company meetings online. Share the challenges and the opportunities and endeavour to show the route map as best as you see at this current time. You will find people will rally around the business when they know the role they can play.
- Regular updates by video keep the team up to date
- Support the team through investing in learning to help the team through the change with many good online programmes available as well as management coaching and training.
2. Business leaders – Walk the virtual floor
Many businesses are currently closed or online only, so it is harder to gain feedback directly from the team and clients.
We would recommend you consider the following actions:
- Make your briefings two-way and ask for questions and search them out
- Make time for informal conversations and check-in.
- Conduct team surveys online
3. Track progress
- It is vital to continue best practice and still devote the necessary time to complete reviews with teams and individuals
- Share results and progress
- Use trusted colleagues and mentors to give you feedback and support through these times.
4. Celebrate success and fun
Look for members of the team or teams that are performing well and for positive business results or early-stage outputs from new projects to encourage and nurture success.
How we can help business leaders
Business Navigation Services specialise in facilitating and supporting you with workshops, keynotes and project management. Book a FREE 30 minute consultation call with us to help you identify the next steps for your business.
We would like to invite you to join a (Private – invite only) Group. You will get free access to the group with regular posts and content that can be shared by members and you can receive feedback on your own posts and ideas, in a safe and nurturing environment. Great market research!
- Share idea with like-minded people
- Facilitate access to innovation tools and technique tips
- Share stories and expertise in a welcoming environment
Click this link to join: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12465980/
We also have a Facebook Group as we found innovators were evenly split between LinkedIn and Facebook, partly driven by how they market to their client base. You would be very welcome to join that Group also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/322860915771948/