Some businesses can move at pace and have produced great results while some others have struggled to adapt. I have seen many small businesses change strategy and markets within days with positive results. So how do you improve your business performance in these unprecedented and unusual times?
Make a start
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself if you are struggling to improve your business performance during Covid-19:
- Is your business agile? Rate yourself on whether your organisation can be nimble, flexible and fast
- Has your business delegated decision-making and empowerment? Old school command and control is inhibiting change and team engagement. Why work on new ideas or show enthusiasm if you are just going to hit a brick wall.
- Does your business operate in silo’s? In the current position business need to create high performing teams based on organising themselves around customer sectors, channels or markets. Silos inhibit change and cross functional teams have a clearer purpose and skills.
- Is your team all heading in the same direction? Have you set a clear vision for the future and explained the purpose of the change and the benefits it will bring the business, clients and the team.
- Have you got core processes in place in the business to improve performance? The best businesses have cross functional teams working together for their clients. They can empower them as the retain strong processes that keep the team together such as common business planning and business reporting and review processes. In addition, they have a focus on their team through employee recruitment, talent development and employee engagement plans.
How we can help
Business Navigation Services specialise in facilitating and supporting you with workshops, keynotes and project management. Book a FREE 30 minute consultation call with us to help you identify the next steps for your business.
We would like to invite you to join a (Private – invite only) Group. You will get free access to the group with regular posts and content that can be shared by members and you can receive feedback on your own posts and ideas, in a safe and nurturing environment. Great market research!
- Share idea with like-minded people
- Facilitate access to innovation tools and technique tips
- Share stories and expertise in a welcoming environment
Click this link to join: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12465980/
We also have a Facebook Group as we found innovators were evenly split between LinkedIn and Facebook, partly driven by how they market to their client base. You would be very welcome to join that Group also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/322860915771948/