Linking Mindset With Innovation
I’ve been trying to share the link between mindset and innovation as it’s very important. According to research by Deloitte, 84% of leaders see innovation at the core of their growth strategy, however, understanding innovation and unlocking it tends not to be a strength.
I want to share another key mindset characteristic – Humble Leadership. Research from Harvard University found that humble leadership leads to greater innovation, employees feel more included and it creates more positive team behaviours.
Why Does Humble Leadership Work?
It shows that we can all benefit from the input and expertise of others at all levels in an organisation. People can challenge assumptions, work together on challenges and shape new ways of thinking.
I highly recommend that you read Matthew Syed’s great book called Growth Mindset. He identifies four main ways to develop and demonstrate humility that I believe we can measure ourselves against.
Ask yourself these four questions and if you are brave; ask your team if you ‘actually’ demonstrate these behaviours!
- Self-awareness: As a leader do you have the desire to be seen as the smartest or are you open to challenge and new ideas?
- Showing vulnerability: Do you share what you’ve learned from what’s gone wrong in the past, as well as sharing your successes?
- Request ideas, input and feedback from others: Are you open to input from a range of people at all levels? Do you seek out and act upon feedback?
- Acknowledge others’ efforts: Do you go out of your way to recognise people’s new ideas and insights and communicate shared achievements?
I firmly believe humility makes you a stronger and more effective leader with a great team behind you that you can trust and rely upon. Would you agree?
How We Can Help You
Business Navigation Services specialise in facilitating and supporting you with workshops, keynotes and project management. Book a FREE 30 minute consultation call with us to help you identify the next steps for your business.
Useful Resource – Come & Join Us
Speaking of collaboration, we would like to invite you to join a (Private – invite only) Group. You will get free access to the group with regular posts and content that can be shared by members and you can receive feedback on your own posts and ideas, in a safe and nurturing environment. Great market research!
- Share idea with like-minded people
- Facilitate access to innovation tools and technique tips
- Share stories and expertise in a welcoming environment
Click this link to join: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12465980/
We also have a Facebook Group as we found innovators were evenly split between LinkedIn and Facebook, partly driven by how they market to their client base. You would be very welcome to join that Group also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/322860915771948/